Contrary to what may seem, Tafuri Castle is of fairly recent construction. Its construction began in 1933 at the initiative of the Marquis Bruno di Belmonte material using the large quarry of the Island of the Currents. The work, designed by Saverino Crotti of Florence, was completed in 1935 and became the property of Tafuri family in the late 50’s. The Castle Tafuri stands beside what once was the tuna trap of Portopalo. The building, which in the past was the set of unforgettable ceremonies and parties, is in the memory of this territory.