In Piazza Crispi, after the 1693 earthquake, was founded the Capuchin monastery, already built in the ancient site in 1580. The church is part of the structure of the monastery and, even if it is small, contains valuable artworks. In the church there is a ciborium of valuable woods, carved in the sixties of the ‘600 by the priest Giuseppe Ragusa and placed above the main altar. The latter is topped by a wooden apparatus having an altarpiece depicting the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, refined canvas of the late ‘500 attributed to the Flemish painter Franz Van de Kasteele. In the lateral sides of the altarpiece are depicted the virgins and martyrs Venera and Lucia and the saints Francis and Corrado. On the right side of the church, in the first chapel, is conserved the Ecstasy of St. Joseph dating back 1706, a work by Giuseppe Sequenzia from Noto.