Montevergine’s Church is a building in a typical Sicilian Baroque style. Located at the end of Via Nicolaci, the church was attributed to Sinatra, and built near the Pianazzo, between 1695 and 1697, then dedicated to St. Jerome. The church opened on July 3rd, 1762, as written on the porch. The façade is concave, with two bell towers. At the top of the stairs there is the door, bordered by six pilasters and two quadrangular columns. The church has a single nave, surrounded by Corinthian columns, topped by stuccoes and bas relieves depicting angels. The presbytery is at the end of a marble staircase and has a precious marble altar with a ciborium with canopy so admirable to be considered the most beautiful among the churches of Noto. The interior is embellished by artistic paintings depicting the “Marriage of the Virgin,” the “Deposition” (1772) by Carasi, “Madonna of the Rosary with St. Conrad and St. Lucia” and “Madonna with St. Bernard and St. Jerome”. The church is now deconsecrated and, during the years of the Municipal Theatre’s restoration, was opened to the public and used as a natural stage for important cultural events such as concerts and exhibitions.