The Church of St. Antonio Abate is located in Piazza Regina Elena. It was built between 1702-1703 thanks to the proceeds of the coins that the earthquake of 1693 survivors offered to Christ at the Column. The statue of 1610, made in wood and painted plaster, was placed in a Baroque altar made of precious marbles in the 70s of the eighteenth century. During the same period were made the rococo stuccoes and the paintings depicting the Doctors of the Church and the Evangelists, that you can admire on the wall of the nave, attributed to Ermenegildo Martorana. On the vault are depicted the Charity and Faith; at the center there is the Glory with Mary and the saints Teresa of Avila and Augustine. The altar made in neoclassical style is precious, made with jasper and onyx. The large altarpiece that adorns it showing St. Anthony in the act of praying, was donated to the sacred building in 1713 by a group of cannamilari, workers of the sugar cane. The facade was rebuilt in the nineteenth century covering the one made in the eighteenth century. The organ belongs to the brothers Platania of Acireale and dates from 1838-1839.