In 1860, the Civic Council of Avola, on the proposal of its President Calogero Gubernale, decided to build the Town Hall. In 1863, It was built acquiring part of the Dominican convent. The building was designed by the engineer and architect Salvatore Rizza and completed in 1870. The main façade is on the old road Cassaro, now called Corso Garibaldi. The neoclassical facade was completed with the city’s coat of arm, depicting the symbols of the cross and the bees. Inside, the town hall has a spectacular staircase and an elegant living room with a coffered ceiling. On the doors there are paintings illustrating excellent local products.