The palace of the Prince of Villadorata Nicolaci, located in the center of Marzamemi, was built in 1752 by architect John Vermexio and was used primarily as a summer residence for the noble owner and family. From the large terrace, the prince could control the actions of the fishermen on the balata, intent to land the catch of the day. The palace overlooks Piazza Regina Margherita, also built under the Prince as a meeting place and social gathering for fishermen and workers in its service. The arch at the entrance bears the family coat of arms on the keystone, while the signing of the Vermexio (a gecko in high relief) is located on the top ledge of the portal. At the top of the building there is a small tower with loopholes, decorated with pinnacles and various reliefs depicting geometric motifs. This tower, formerly used to spy any attacks from pirate ships, later became the summer terrace of the family Villadorata.