The Ducezio Palace is the seat of the Municipality; named after the commander who led the Sicilians against Greek forces. It was built on a plan by the architect Vincenzo Sinatra, who worked on it for more than ten years, the original plan was inspired by French architecture. It was accomplished only in 1830, while the second floor was added in 1950, on a plan by the architect Francesco La Grassa, modifying the original prospectus. Palazzo Ducezio is the seat of the Municipality and it is situated in front of the Cathedral so to signify the connection between the two powers; that of the state, and that of the church. The façade has eleven arches, the three plants form a semicircle that protrudes from the line of the other and are joined at the level of the square by a circular stairway. Inside the palace, you can admire “Sala degli Specchi”, the boardroom of the mirrors is furnished in Louis XV style, with rich stuccoes. A great and magnificent fresco by Antonio Mazza may be seen on the vault and this depicts King Ducetius while founding the ancient Neas on Mount Alveria.