The Town Hall was built in the same place of the St. Giuseppe church and of St. Teresa monastery , founded by priest Pietro Palazzo in 1620 . Both buildings were abolished by the law issued in 1866-67 and destroyed around the 1875 in order to build the new town hall designed by the architect Sacconi. During the excavations in order to dig the foundations up of the Town Hall, the remains of the Roman Thermal baths were discovered , dated from the Empire period . The works went on until the 1887 , when the Town Hall was completed. The umbertino style facade with clear neoclassical references characterized by harmonious lines , marked by columns with Ionic and Corinthian capitals which vaguely remind the front of the hunting lodge of the Royal Palace of Caserta. The balconies are distributed in a perfectly symmetrical style , surrounded by balustrades with little pillars laying on bases and with triangular and circular gables on top , while the ledges frame the floors of the building . The facade has finally a large gable on top where it is inscribed a clock set in a circle with a floral decoration. The wide entrance hall brings into a bright, well cut and magnificent interior staircase made by the architect Fianchini. In the representative floor there is the Cabinet Office of the mayor and the boardroom where you can find on walls the portraits of some politicians or famous men in Comiso.