Built in the XV century, on the right side of the fonte Diana, St. Maria delle Stelle Church has a limited area, with a little cemetery. Destructed and re-built on the XV century, it was seriously damaged by the earthquake in 1693. The year after, however, reconstruction and the amplification began, under the direction of P. Porcelli, for the wish of count Baldassarre V, and, already in 1699 it was possible to consecrate it. After the 1693 earthquake the Church was reconstructed drawing inspiration from the sketches that R. Gagliardi left to the parish. He was the autor of the splendid Churches of S. Giorgio of Ibla e Modica (1744), in Comiso between 1735-1740 to the succession of the marquises Trigona in Canicarao, that still preserves them today. The Comiso craftsmen perfected their art by working on the reconstruction of the Matrice but the only name that reached us is of the sculptor E. Lucenti, who carved the mouldings of the dome.