Located in via S. Francesco d ‘Assisi, the Old Market is a wonderful neoclassical building, built in the garden of the Benedictine Monastery between 1892-1895 by the architect Salvatore Rizza. The elegant lodge, in the main façade, is punctuated by round arches and on the entablature is imposed the coat of arms of the city carved by the sculptor Francesco Puzzo. The facades are decorated with ornamental medallions, in cutting stone, representing fish, slaughter animals, fruits and vegetables, products on sale in the shops at the time of the Market. In 1971 the building was closed and restored between 2005-2008. Today it hosts the Municipal Library.